CURIOUSLY INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT SOLAR ENERGY.
Solar radiation is light that is emitted by the sun. While every location on Earth receives some sunlight over a year, the amount of solar radiation that reaches any one spot on the Earth’s surface varies. Solar technologies capture this radiation and turn it into useful forms of energy.
- The Earth receives enough sunlight in one hour to power the world for one year. The amount of sunlight that strikes the earth’s surface in an hour and a half is enough to handle the entire world’s energy consumption for a full year. Solar technologies convert sunlight into electrical energy either through photovoltaic (PV) panels. This energy can be used to generate electricity or be stored in batteries or thermal storage.
- The largest solar power plant is located in the Mojave Desert in California. The solar plant generates 90 percent of the world’s commercially produced solar power!
- Many road and traffic signs also are now powered by PV. In most cases, PV power is the least expensive form of electricity for these tasks
- Using solar energy produces no air or water pollution and no greenhouse gases.
- Solar power is noise pollution-free. It has no moving parts and does not require any additional fuel, other than sunlight, to produce power.
- Germany is known to be the leader in solar panel installations. The others on the top are Italy, Japan, and the USA.
- The sun is also the main source of non-renewable fossil fuels (coal, gas, and petroleum) which began life as plants and animals millions of years ago. Plants use the Sun’s energy to power a chemical reaction called photosynthesis. Whether you are a vegetarian or a carnivore the food you eat daily starts out as solar energy.
- People are solar-powered too; our bodies also need solar energy to perform certain important chemical reactions like creating vitamin D.
- The weight of solar panels is minuscule. While solar panels do add a few extra pounds to your roof, the system is designed to be lightweight and durable. All of the equipment, including the PV modules, mounting rack, and additional balance of the system, only weigh between two and four kilograms per square foot. This typically falls into most roofs’ acceptable stress limits. In fact, a home solar system can actually protect your roof from weathering and aging, since it adds another layer to block the shingles from the elements. However, you might want to check with your roofing company to see how a solar panel may affect the roof’s warranty.
You Can Profit From Home Solar
Aside from occasional cleaning solar panels are virtually maintenance-free and will last for years, Techwin panels have a guarantee of 20 years. Once solar panels are installed there are no recurring costs. Solar panels are the only home improvement that pays for itself while increasing the value of your home.
Call us today at 0743 793 878 to get expert advice or a quote for your solar system.